27 Uplifting Promises for Mothers from the Bible
Being a mom is the most rewarding job on earth – IF you see it the right way.
In the last years of my Christian walk I realized quickly that my outlook on things determines weather my day/life is enjoyable or miserable (or something in between or an up and down of emotions in general ;))
Well the Bible tells us that we have to renew our minds, which will transform us (Romans 12:2). So how do we do that?
Reading the Good News AND believing it. That is why I have these scriptures ready for you to meditate on, and praying over your life.
Sometimes we get so caught up in our problems, stress and sorrows that we can not see the truth anymore and how God sees us. It is then so important to remind yourself that the enemy wants you to be pitiful about your life, dwell on what you don’t have instead of enjoying all your blessings.
The Word of God will bring light into your life and help you discern. If you have a hard time believing God’s promises for you, ask a friend to pray for you, write out the scriptures and pin them all over your house. Think about how often you think negative? To “fix” that habit it could mean to remind yourself 100 times a day to think positive and focus on the truth.
27 Promises for Moms
- You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. (Ps. 128:2)
- Children are a reward from the Lord (Ps. 127:3)
- The Kingdom of God belongs to the children (Mark 10:14)
- Rejoice in all the good things the Lord your God has given to you and your household (Deut. 26:11)
- I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants. (Isa. 44:3)
- You and your family shall rejoice in everything you put your hand to, because the Lord has already blessed you. (Deut 12:7)
- As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you. (Isa 66:13)
- Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. (Ps. 55:22)
- In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)
- Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy. (Ps 126:5-6)
- You will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. (Ps 71:20)
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)
- I can do all this through him who gives me strength. (Phil. 4:16)
- When you call, he answers. (Psalm 138:3)
- The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. (Ps. 34:17)
- I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. (Ps. 32:8)
- He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. (Ps. 91:4)
- Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me. (Ps. 54:4)
- The God of all grace will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. (1. Peter 5:10)
- If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. (1. John 1:9)
- Nothing can separate you from the love of God (Romans 8:38-39)
- Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. (John 1:16)
- Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security. (Jeremiah 33:6)
- See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! (1. John 3:1)
- For the Lord your God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the work of your hands, and your joy will be complete. (Deut. 16:15)
- Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. (Gal. 6:9)
- My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior. (2. Sam. 22:3)
Sometimes we see children as a burden, as something that takes away your time, your energy, your money. But that is not the truth of God. If you believe that the Bible is true, then children are a reward from God, a blessing (Ps. 127:3). Its weather you want to recognize it. Giving your time, money and energy to children is in my understanding investing in the kingdom of god, because “The Kingdom of God belongs to the children (Mark 10:14)”.
God wants to be your refuge when it gets though, he understands your tiredness, your weakness, confusion or doubts. He wants to deliver you from all your troubles (Ps 34:17), restore you, make you strong and firm (1. Peter 5:10), sustain you (Ps. 55:22), comfort you (Isa 66:13) and bless you (Isa. 44:3). Keep in mind that God really wants to give you all these things because you are his child! (1. John 3:1) You just have to ask him and he will answer your prayer (Psalm 138:3).
I know it can be confusing being a mom because you have the responsibility to raise little humans and you want to do it right. You want to feed them right, make sure they get good sleep, educate them, play with them…and so on. On the other side you want to be a good wife and keep the house in kind of an order. That takes wisdom, balance and clear thinking. I believe God will point out what to do and when to do it, because his word says that he is your counselor, your teacher and instructor (Ps 32:8).
And even if you think you are failing, he will not just forgive (1. John 1:9) but also use a negative and turn it into positive. That is why you should forgive yourself and don’t dwell on what you did not do but see how good God is anyway!
“You and your family shall rejoice in everything you put your hand to, because the Lord has already blessed you. (Deut 12:7)”
Remember that whatever you do for your family, small or big, you can be joyful about it, because God has already blessed your work. Even if it is cleaning the toilet.
“For the Lord your God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the work of your hands, and your joy will be complete. (Deut 16:15)”
He will bless you cleaning the dishes, bringing your baby to bed, feeding the kids, fishing the toys out of the toilet, for listening, driving, not getting sleep, for just being there and everything you put your hands on. God will bless you with his joy! Don’t let negative thoughts steal it away. God is not giving this to you because your acts deserve it. He blesses you because of his grace no matter how good or bad you think of yourself.
Download for free: [download-attachment id=”736″ title=”Download 27 Promises for Mothers”]
What are your scriptures that help you through the day?